Tuesday, January 15, 2008

confessions of a new york resident.

.i honestly. HONESTLY contemplate frequently if i should wear a pair of underwear one day, and turn it inside out the next day to reduce my laundry load. i haven't done it yet.
.in church (and everywhere else) sirens were BLARING. and everyone in the room acted normal like they didn't notice. i acted normal but i DID notice. and the sirens bounced all around inside my head and drove me crazy. it drove me more crazy that no one else seemed bothered.
.the only time i've felt really comfortable is at church, and last night at fhe when i was talking to a man from provo. he's only been here ten days and misses utah so much. we talked about how much we miss the mountains, blue skies, and how much we love the office. we then continued to say our favorite quotes like- "I'M A PRETTY NORMAL GUY. I DO ONE WEIRD THING: I LIKE TO GO IN THE WOMEN'S ROOM FOR NUMBER TWO. I'VE BEEN CAUGHT SEVERAL TIMES, AND I HAVE PAID DEARLY."
.i am often hungry becuase i don't want to go through the food my dad bought me too quickly.
.i've realized that there are the same types of people everywhere you go.
.if you tell a new yorker something weird that happened here, they say "well welcome to new york! hahahahah" and its REALLY almost as bad as "well at least its a dry heat!! :D:D:D"

1 comment:

Taylor said...

AJ! have you checked out drew and my blog we started? tanddinc.blogspot.com. its pretty much the hottest new thing. We added you to our front page so I think you should probably do the same ;). hope new york keeps rocking for you.